One of our most popular posts is back – Greater Cincinnati Free Summer Movies! There’s nothing more fun than grabbing your lawn chairs and blankets and heading out to the park to take in one of your favorite movies.
We’ve been hard at work updating our list from last year with details on as many FREE Movie Nights we could find for you, and we think you’ll agree that there are some great movies being shown.
Be sure to bookmark this post as we’ll be adding to it as the summer progresses.
Anderson Township Free Movies in the Park
Bring your blanket or lawn chair, and join your friends, neighbors and family for relaxing evenings of FREE movies! Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. ATPD concessions will be available for purchase. Movies are shown at dusk at Beech Acres Park Amphitheater (accessible from 6910 Salem Road and 6915 Beechmont Ave.).
- August 8 – Despicable Me 2
Bellevue Movie Night
There will be two movie nights this summer, on June 20 and July 18. Both movies will be held from 9:30pm – 11:00pm at Bellevue Beach Park. The movies are still to be determined. Please call 859-431-8888 or check their website for details.
Blue Ash Movies in the Park
Movies are shown at the Nature Park, 4433 Cooper Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45242. All movies begin at dusk and are rated PG. The Amphitheater Concession Stand will be open serving great “movie watching snacks”. This event is free and open to the public.
- June 21 – The Indian in the Cupboard
- July 12 – Angels in the Outfield (Dive-in Movie: Enjoy a little late night swim with a movie! Sign up for games will begin promptly at 6:30pm with games beginning at 7:00pm! The movie will begin at dusk, approximately 9:00pm.)
- August 2 – Field of Dreams (Make it an entire evening of fun and come to the Nature Park after Field Day. Enjoy a family picnic, watch the talents of Professional Magician Tom Bemmes, and then enjoy a family movie at the Amphitheater. The Magic Show begins at 7:45pm, followed by the movie at dusk.)
- September 6 – Mighty Ducks
Boone County Parks Family Movie Nights
Boone County Parks Family Movie Nights are held on Friday evenings at dusk. There will be lawn seating, so be sure to bring your own chairs, blankets and refreshments!
Locations vary depending on the date. Please see the list below:
- June 13 – Despicable Me 2 (City of Union)
- June 20 – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (City of Union)
- June 21 – Mary Poppins (Walton Park)
- July 11 – Frozen (Boone Woods)
- July 18 – The Avengers (Boone Woods)
- July 19 – Epic (Walton Park)
- July 25 – Turbo (Boone Woods)
- August 1 – Mr. Peabody and Sherman (Boone Woods)
- August 8 – The Lego Movie (Boone Woods)
- August 16 – Free Birds (Walton Park)
Cincinnati Smale Riverfront Park Movies in the Park
Come out to Smale Riverfront Park for a free movie night! Don’t forget to bring a blanket or chairs and a snack. Movies begin at 7:00pm.
- June 13 – Free Birds
- June 27 – Despicable Me 2
- July 18 – Monsters University
- August 15 – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- August 29 – The Smurfs 2
Cincinnati Washington Park Date Night Movies in the Park
Notice the title of this one held at Washington Park. Depending on the age of your kids, the movies may or may not be appropriate…. You decide. Movies begin at 9:00pm every Saturday through August 16.
- June 14 – Jumanji
- June 21 – Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- June 28 – NO MOVIE
- July 5 – NO MOVIE
- July 12 – Finding Nemo
- July 19 – Goldfinger
- July 26 – NO MOVIE
- August 2 – NO MOVIE
- August 9 – Singin’ in the Rain
- August 16 – The Wizard of Oz
Colerain Township’s Free Sizzling Summer Entertainment Series
Colerain Township Parks & Services Department will again offer another year of free weekly entertainment at the Colerain Park Amphitheater! Families are invited to sit back and enjoy a fun family excursion! Kids karaoke begins at 8:30pm, and movies start at dusk.
- June 13 – Monsters University
- June 27 – The Little Mermaid (Princess and Pirates in the Park Night!)
- July 11 – Despicable Me 2
- July 25 – The Nut Job
- August 15 – The Lego Movie
- August 22 – Frozen
Deerfield Township Free Movies in the Park
Grab your blanket and settle in for a relaxing night under the stars! Throughout the summer, Deerfield Township hosts free Movies in the Park. Family friendly movies are offered on designated Friday evenings. Park locations and movie titles will vary. Movies will begin at dark.
- June 13 – Despicable Me 2 (Cottell Park)
- June 27 – Frozen (Landen-Deerfield Park)
- July 11 – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Cottell Park)
- July 25 – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Fleckenstein Park)
- August 8 – The Lego Movie (Cottell Park)
- August 22 – Planes (Landen-Deerfield Park)
- September 12 – TBD (Carter Park)
- Vote online for Smurfs 2, Monsters University, or The Lone Ranger. The movie with the most votes will be shown!
Deer Park Movies in the Park
Bring your blankets and chairs and enjoy the movie under the stars! Free movies will be shown at Chamberlin Park in Diamond #1 outfield. The park is located at 7640 Plainfield Rd, Deer Park, Ohio 45236. All movies begin at dusk. The exact lineup has not been announced, so be sure to check their website.
- June 21 – TBD
- July 19 – TBD
- August 23 – TBD
East Price Hill – In the Park After Dark: Outdoor Movie Night
In the Park after Dark is hosted annually in Olden View Park, a Cincinnati Parks park that overlooks the Cincinnati skyline. Come screen a movie in the park and enjoy fun with the whole community. The park is located between Primavista and Incline Public House in the Incline Entertainment District of East Price Hill. Don’t forget to bring a blanket or chairs!
- June 28 – The Nut Job
- July 26 – The Lego Movie
The City of Fairfield Movies in the Park
This summer the City of Fairfield will show a different movie throughout the summer on the first Friday of the month through October. Once again, grab your chairs and blankets and get ready for a fun night of movie watching in the great outdoors! In addition to the movies listed below, the Fairfield Fire Department will also have pre-show fun and giveaways including chairs, blankets and water bottles. All movies begin at dusk at Village Green Park. Popcorn and refreshments are free.
- July 11 – Monsters University (Rain date: July 18)
- August 1 – Despicable Me 2 (Rain date: August 8)
- September 5 – The Nut Job (Rain date: September 12)
- October 3 – Hotel Transylvania (Rain date: October 10)
GHTC Theatres Free Movies
Pierce Point Cinema 10 in Amelia, OH has a FREE nine-week series of great family films. Films are free for children and accompanying adults and are shown every Wednesday morning at 10:00am. Seating is on a first come, first served basis, and outside food and drinks are prohibited.
- June 11 – Despicable Me 2
- June 18 – Epic
- June 25 – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
- July 2 – Turbo
- July 9 – The Smurfs 2
- July 16 – Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
- July 23 – Free Birds
- July 30 – The Nut Job
Harrison Parks and Recreation Free Family Movies
The Harrison Recreation Commission invites you to attend a FREE FAMILY MOVIE every other Friday night in the summer, at sunset, behind the garages at the Community Center, 300 George Street. Bring your family, spread a blanket on the lawn and enjoy a recent rated-G or rated-PG movie release… don’t forget to bring your chairs or blankets. Please NO COOLERS!!
Popcorn, sno-cones, water and pizza from Harrison’s LaRosa’s are provided while supplies last. Please bring a canned good to be donated to an area food pantry.
- June 13 – Monsters University
- June 27 – Despicable Me 2
- July 11 – Frozen (with a special guest appearance by Livvy Stubenrauch, voice of young Anna)
- July 25 – Khumba
- August 8 – Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
Kenton County Family and Teen Movie Nights
Movie nights are held at the Erlanger branch, 401 Kenton Lands Road, Erlanger, KY 41018. For more information, visit www.kentonlibrary.org or call 859-962-4000.
Family Movie Night:
- June 20 – Frozen (6:00pm)
- July 18 – The Lego Movie (6:00pm)
- August 1 – Mr. Peabody and Sherman (6:00pm)
Teen Movie Night:
- June 11 – Sparks (5:00pm-7:00pm)
- July 9 – Vampire Academy (5:00pm-7:00pm)
- August 13 – The Amazing Spiderman (5:00pm-7:00pm)
Maderia Family Movie Night
Mariemont Theatres Free Summer Kids’ Movies
Free movies will be shown every Monday and Wednesday between June 9 and August 6 at the Kenwood, Mariemont, and Esquire theatres. Doors open 9:45am and movies begin at 10:30am. Seating is first come, first served.
- June 11 – The Croods
- June 16 – Epic
- June 18 – Epic
- June 23 – Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
- June 25 – Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
- June 30 – Turbo
- July 2 – Turbo
- July 7 – Home Alone
- July 9 – Home Alone
- July 14 – Fantastic Mr. Fox
- July 16 – Fantastic Mr. Fox
- July 21 – Horton Hears a Who
- July 23 – Horton Hears a Who
- July 28 – Walking with Dinosaurs
- July 30 – Walking with Dinosaurs
- August 4 – Rio
- August 6 – Rio
Mount Adams Cinema in the City
Seasongood Pavilion is the site for live music before each show, delicious food available from Mt. Adams fine restaurants and fantastic raffle prizes that include tickets to sporting and local arts events and a flat screen televisions! Live music starts at 7:00pm and movies begin at dusk.
Mark your calendars, invite your friends, and get ready for some fun summer evenings under the stars. Free parking is always available at the Playhouse.
- June 26 – A Shot in the Dark
- July 24 – Rear Window
- August 15 – The Magnificent Seven
Showcase Cinemas Bookworm Wednesdays
Held at the Showcase Cinema in Springdale, OH
This is cool – every Wednesday at 10:00am beginning July 9th and going for six weeks. In order to encourage kids to read during the summer, Bookworm Wednesdays entitles kids to a free admission to select children’s films when they present a book report at a participating Showcase Cinemas. Accompanying parents or guardians and children under six receive free admission and do not need to submit a book report.
- July 9 – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
- July 16 – Epic
- July 23 – Despicable Me 2
- July 30 – The Croods
- August 6 – Turbo
- August 13 – The Smurfs 2
The City of Taylor Mill – Friday Night Flick
Come out and see and explore trucks, emergency vehicles, specialty vehicles and the UC Medical helicopter at Pride Park starting at 7:00pm. Concessions will be provided by the Taylor Mill Recreation Committee. The vehicles will be provided by the Fire, Maintenance and Police Departments as well as by UC Medical Center. The movie starts at dusk. For more information, please call 859-581-3234.
- June 27 – Cars
The following listings are not free, but admission to the films is being offered at a steep discount that makes them affordable for families with children in particular.
Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse
Held at Cinemark Florence 14 in Florence, KY; Cinemark Oakley Station in Cincinnati, OH; Western Hills 14 in Cincinnati, OH; and Milford 16 in Milford, OH
Cinemark is offering ten fun films for kids during the summer. All films are rated G or PG. Admission is $1 per show when purchased at the box office or $5 for ten movies when purchased in advance at the box office or at cinemark.com. Films vary by location; please visit www.cinemark.com to see a detailed list of films at participating theatres.
Danbarry Dollar Saver Cinemas
Locations at Turfway, Eastgate, and Cincinnati Mills
Danbarry Dollar Saver is a second-run theatre, meaning that the movies shown have left first-run theatres and will soon be released on DVD, if not already. However, there is usually still a good selection of films to choose from, and if you have the patience to wait until a movie has moved through the first-run theatre to see it, this will save you a lot of money!
Admission for films is $3 per person every day except for Tuesdays, when prices drop to $1.75 per person. Keep in mind that this is a CASH ONLY establishment. Films vary by location; please visit www.danbarry.com to see a detailed list of films.
Located in Sayler Park (on the river) at 6550 Parkland Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45233
Admission for films is $3 every day, with most concessions available for only $1. They will even deliver your hot food right to your seat! Movies change weekly, and you can suggest future movie titles online. Call their entertainment hotline at 513-333-5436 for updated movie and show times, which are updated every Wednesday.
Editor’s Note: While we do our best to be accurate, please double check with the hosts before heading out.