I am so excited to share this month long series with you because I have been a fan of Shakespeare and all of his works since I read Romeo & Juliet my junior year in high school. I honestly fell in love and couldn’t get enough so I made my way through Hamlet, MacBeth, Much Ado About Nothing, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream all through the course of that year. I have seen film adaptations of most of these plays but I simply cannot wait to see Cincinnati Shakespeare Company bring them to life during Shakespeare in the Park 2013!
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is proud to present the 7th Annual Shakespeare in the Park Summer Tour beginning this month and you will not want to miss out! This is a FREE event so pack a dinner, chairs or a blanket, and settle in to enjoy a night of theater brought to you by the outstanding talent of Cincinnati Shakespeare Company in a gorgeous setting…your local park!
The schedule for Shakespeare in the Park is as follows:
- Thursday, August 8 7PM-Romeo and Juliet at Burnet Woods
- Friday, August 9 7 PM-Romeo and Juliet at Monroe Community Park
- Saturday, August 10 6:30 PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Harry Whiting Brown Lawn
- Sunday, August 11 7PM-Romeo and Juliet at McDonald Commons Park
- Wednesday, August 14 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Mason Co. Library Amphitheater
- Thursday, August 15 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Mt. Echo Park
- Friday, August 16 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Vinoklet Winery
- Saturday, August 17 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Miami Whitewater Forest-Harbor Point
- Sunday, August 18 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Washington Park
- Wednesday, August 21 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Burnet Woods
- Thursday, August 22 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Colerain Park
- Friday, August 23 7PM-Romeo and Juliet at Vinoklet Winery
- Saturday, August 24 6:30 PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Keehner Park
- Sunday, August 25 6PM-Romeo and Juliet at Presidents Park
- Tuesday, August 27 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Uptown Park
- Wednesday, August 28 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Clifton Cultural Arts Center Lawn
- Thursday, August 29 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Smale Riverfront Park
- Friday, August 30 7PM-A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Eden Park Seasongood Pavilion
Once again..this is a FREE event and the more the merrier! Make sure you arrive early, grab a great seat, and settle in for a wonderful night of Shakespeare, brought to life by the amazing talent of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company! Contact the individual venues for details and rules regarding outside food and drink, inclement weather issues, etc. For more information, and to find links to all of the above listed venues, please visit www.cincyshakes.com.