There’s nothing more fun then grabbing your lawn chairs and blankets, and heading out to the park to take in one of your favorite movies. This year has a great line-up across town!
Be sure to bookmark this post as we’ll be adding to it as the summer progresses.
Anderson Township Free Movies in the Park
Bring your blanket or lawn chair, and join your friends, neighbors and family for relaxing evenings of FREE movies! Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. ATPD concessions will be available for purchase. Bring the kids early for pre-movie activities! Movies are shown at Dusk at Beech Acres Park Amphitheater (accessible from 6910 Salem Road and 6915 Beechmont Ave.).
- May 31 — Brave
- August 9 — Madagascar 3
Blue Ash Movies in the Park
Movies are shown at the Nature Park, 4433 Cooper Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45242. All movies begin at dusk and are rated PG. The Amphitheater Concession Stand will be open serving great “movie watching snacks”. This event is free and open to the public.
- June 22 — The Goonies
- July 20 — Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- August 31 — Cool Runnings
Boone County Parks Family Movie Nights
Boone County Parks Family Movie Nights are held on Friday evenings at dusk. There will be lawn seating, so be sure to bring your own chairs, blankets and refreshments!
Locations vary depending on the date. Please see the list below:
- June 7 — Spy Kids (Florence Nature Parks)
- June 15 — Escape From Planet Earth (Walton Community Park)
- Juen 21 — How to Train your Dragon (Union Pool)
- July 5 — Hotel Transylvania (Boone Woods Park)
- July 12 — Freaky Friday (Boone Woods Park)
- July 19 — Brave (Boone Woods Park)
- July 20 — Brave (Walton Community Park)
- July 26 — Wreck It Ralph (Boone Woods Park)
- August 2 — Madagascar III (Boone Woods Park)
- August 9 — Mary Poppins (Boone Woods Park)
- August 16 — Enchanted (Boone Woods Park)
- August 17 — Enchanted (Walton Community Park)
- August 23 — Ice age Continental Drift (Boone Woods Park)
- August 30 — The Croods (Boone Woods Park)
Cincinnati Smale Riverfront Park Movies in the Park
This is more than just a free movie night at Smale Riverfront Park! Arrive early for some fun entertainment. There’s not much information, but we suggest you plan ahead — bring a blanket or chairs and a snack.
- May 31 — Brave — Cincinnati Circus performers at 7pm–9pm Movie at 9pm
- June 28 — Over the Hedge — Cincinnati Circus performers at 7pm–9pm Movie at 9pm
- July 26 — The Lorax — Cincinnati Circus performers at 7pm–9pm Movie at 9pm
- August 16 — Oz, the Great and Powerful — Cincinnati Circus performers at 7pm–9pm Movie at 9pm
- August 30 — Escape from Planet Earth — Cincinnati Circus performers at 7pm–9pm Movie at 9pm
- September 13 — Frankenweenie — Cincinnati Circus performers at 7pm–9pm Movie at 9pm
Cincinnati Washington Park Date Night Movies in the Park
Notice the title of this one held at Washington Park. Depending on the age of your kids, the movies may or may not be appropriate…. You decide. Movies begin at 9 p.m. every Saturday through August 17.
- June 1 — Back to the Future
- June 8 — Rear Window
- June 15 — E.T.
- June 22 — Some Like It Hot
- June29 — Singin’ in the Rain
- July 6 — Field of Dreams
- July 13 — Little Shop of Horrors
- July 20 — Shiloh
- July 27 — A Christmas Story
- August 3 — NO MOVIE
- August 10 — NO MOVIE
- August 17 — Julia and Julia
Colerain Township’s FREE Sizzling Summer Entertainment Series
Colerain Township Parks & Services Department will again offer another year of free weekly entertainment at the Colerain Park Amphitheater! Families are invited to sit back and enjoy a fun family excursion! Movies start at Dusk. Movie titles listed are subject to change, so please check close to the date to make sure the title did not change. For questions, please call (513)385-7503.
Movies in the Park Lineup are still being finalized for 2013. Check back for details.
Deerfield Township Free Movies in the Park
For those of you living near Deerfield Township, grab your blankets and chairs and settle in for a relaxing night under the stars. Throughout the summer, Deerfield Township hosts free Movies In The Park, at various parks located around the Township. Family friendly movies are offered on select Friday evenings, listed below. Movies will begin at dark. If weather is in question, visit the website before heading out.
- May 24 — Brave (Fleckenstein Park)
- June 14 — The Lorax (Cottell Park)
- June 28 — Hotel Transylvania (Landen-Deerfield Park)
- July 12 — Madagascar III (Carter Park)
- August 9 — The Avengers (Cottell Park)
- August 23 — Escape from Planet Earth (Fleckenstein Park)
- September 13 — Oz the Great and Powerful (Landen-Deerfield Park)
- September 27 — TBA (Cottell Park)
Deer Park Movies in the Park at Chamberlin Park
This is one of our families favorite outdoor movie venues. The park is lovely and the concession stand has very reasonable and yummy treats. There isn’t a list of movies for 2013, so be sure to “like” Chamberlin Park on Facebook or bookmark the page. Movies start at dusk are always family friendly. The park is located at 7640 Plainfield Rd, Deer Park, Ohio 45236.
Evendale Family Movie Night
There’s not much details other than the movie takes place on August 9. Please call 513-563-2244 for details or check their website.
The City of Fairfield – Movies in the Park
This summer the City of Fairfield will show a different movie throughout the summer on the first Friday of the month through October. Once again, grab your chairs and blankets and get ready for a fun night watching a movie in the great outdoors. In addition to the movie, the Fairfield Fire Department will have pre-show fun for the entire family. All movies begin at dusk at Village Green Park.
- June 7 — Madagascar III
- July 5 — The Lorax
- August 2 — The Pirates, Band of Misfits
- September 6 — Escape from Planet Earth
- October 4 — Wreck It Ralph
Harrison Parks and Recreation
The Harrison Recreation Commission invites you to attend a FREE FAMILY MOVIE every other Friday night in the summer, at sunset, behind the garages at the Community Center, 300 George Street.
Bring your family, spread a blanket on the lawn and enjoy a recent rated-G or rated-PG movie release… don’t forget to bring your chairs or blankets. Please NO COOLERS!!
Popcorn, sno-cones, water and pizza from Harrison’s LaRosa’s are provided while supplies last. Please bring a canned good to be donated to an area food pantry. The 2013 movies are:
- June 14 — Madagascar 3
- June 28 — Paranorman
- July 12 — The Lorax
- July 26 — Toy Story 3
City of Taylor Mill – Friday Night Flicks
Movies are free and shown at Pride Park at the H.Lee Moening Amphitheater. Attendees are encourage you to bring a blanket, sit on the hillside and enjoy a movie under the stars. Movie Series at Pride Park!
This summer our Friday Night Flicks will be held on the following dates:
- June 14 — Movie/Events TBA
- July 12 — Christmas in July with Santa/Movie TBA
- August 9 — Movie/Events TBA
We recommend you you watch the Taylor Mill Facebook Page for updated details.
Mount Adams Cinema in the City
Seasongood Pavilion is the site for live music before each show, delicious food available from Mt. Adams fine restaurants and fantastic raffle prizes that include tickets to sporting and local arts events and a flat screen televisions! Festivities begin at 6 and end at 11 p.m.
Mark your calendars, invite your friends, and get ready for some fun summer evenings under the stars. Free parking is always available at the Playhouse.
- Thursday, June 27 — Cat Ballou
- Thursday, July 25 — Singin’ in the Rain
- Friday, August 16 — North by Northwest
West Chester – Family Movie Nights
Presented by The West Chester Fire Department Association, West Chester Family Movie Nights are at the Keehner Park Amphitheater on Barret Road in West Chester. Movies will be shown on Fridays July 26, August 23 and September 27. Bring a blanket or chairs and watch your favorite family-friendly movies under the stars. Movies are free. Watch the City of West Chester website for movie titles or call them at 513-777-1133 as they were not available at the time of this post.
Editor’s Note: While we do our best to be accurate, please double check with the hosts before heading out.
When not blogging for Family Friendly Cincinnati, you can find Karen writing at her personal blog, Little World After All.