Giveaway closed. Congrats to FFC reader Justin! Thanks to all who entered.
My son James loves Thomas the Tank Engine about as much as one little boy can love anything or anyone.
Guess when this love affair began? Hmmm … ’round about one year ago, when my then 2-year-old attended last year’s Day Out With Thomas event. It was love at first sight, and he’s only had eyes for Thomas ever since.
So if you want to avoid all the heartache (mostly to your wallet, as you buy train after train, track after track, to appease your kid), DO NOT take your child to this year’s Day Out With Thomas. Just too risky, in my opinion.
But if your little engineer is already hooked — or perhaps you want him or her to experience pure joy and a true love of trains — then all aboard! Here are the details:
Thomas the Tank Engine™ is pulling into Lebanon Mason and Monroe Railroad for Day Out With Thomas™: Mystery On The Rails Tour 2012. This fun-filled event offers little engineers and their families the opportunity to take a ride with a 15-ton replica of Thomas the Tank Engine and participate in Thomas-themed activities. The tour, now in its 17th year, will make stops in more than 45 US cities and is expected to welcome more than one million passengers in 2012.
- A 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- Games and activities featuring a mystery element
- The opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt™, Controller of the Railway
- A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring stamps temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts, train tables, and coloring sheets.
- Commemorative activities, merchandise and giveaways including a special reveal poster previewing new engines and a new destination from the upcoming 2012 Thomas & Friends feature, “Blue Mountain Mystery”
- Bounce castle, storytelling, video viewing and live music
WHEN: September 7-9 and 14-16, 2012
TIME: 9:00am to 4:00pm
WHERE: 127 S. Mechanic Street, Lebanon, OH, 45036
Tickets for Day Out with Thomas™: The Mystery Tour 2012 are on sale now and available by calling Ticketweb toll-free 866-468-7630, or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html or www.lebanonrr.com . Ticket prices are $18 for ages 2 and up (service charges and fee may apply).
For information on Thomas & Friends™, visit www.thomasandfriends.com/dowt
WIN A 4-PACK OF TICKETS!
We will draw one winner at random from all entries on this post to win four tickets to the Day Out With Thomas show of their choice (weekend of Sept. 14-16 only).
Entering is easy, simply answer question number 1 below; additional questions are bonus entries. Leave a separate comment for each one you complete. A total of four entries is possible. One winner will be drawn at random. Giveaway open to Tri-State residents ages 18 and up.Giveaway will close Saturday, Sept. 8, at 3 pm. Winner will have 24 hours to respond.
1) Who is your child’s favorite Thomas train/character?
3) Check out the FFC Facebook page.
Disclosure: Representatives of Day Out With Thomas provided my family with a 4-pack of tickets, as well as the tickets for this giveaway.
When not blogging for Family Friendly Cincinnati, you can find Susan writing at her personal blog,Working Moms Against Guilt.