What rides into town the weekend after Labor Day and stays until the first weekend of October? Nothing less than the Old West Festival. My family went to this wonderful family fun festival for the first time last Fall and can’t wait to go back this year. There was so much to see and do and all of it was well done and enjoyable.
Some of the highlights include:
- New saloon show starring Rider Kiesner (He’s a 20 year old Champion Trick Roper, gun spinner, whip cracking and knife throwing cowboy. He’s going to be performing four times daily in the Long Branch Saloon and my family thinks this is a must see show!)
- Learn to play Faro and Chuck-a-luck;
- The Pickled Brothers Circus returns;
- Rodeo Drill Teams and new riding shows
- Theme Weekends to include:
- Cowboy Charity Weekend – Sept. 8-9 – Bring a canned good to benefit the Freestore Foodbank and Hope Emergency and get $2 off admission.
- Steam Punk Weekend- Sept. 15-16
- Native American Weekend – Sept. 22-23
- Old West Cinema Weekend – Sept. 29-30
- America’s Past-time Weekend – Oct. 6-7
- Magic by Professor Faris
- 1870s Western Traveling Medicine Show by the Mockingbird Theatre
- Gun fight re-enactments and trick shooting by the Big Irons Gunfighters
- 1800s period music performed on the Dodge House Stage and the Chisholm Trail Stage
- Vintage dancing
- Old-fashioned melodramas performed daily
- Cowboy Church Saturdays and Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
- Cowboy poetry and prairie readings
- At 10:15 a.m. each day, kids can be sworn in by the cowboys as a deputy
- Locomotive, covered wagon, horse and pony rides
- Games and panning for gold
- Daily puppet shows, magic shows and sing-a-longs
- Photos with their favorite cowboy or other strolling historic interpreters
- Learn about life as a cowhand twice daily from demonstrations and hands-on activities by Fred Shaw. Kids can even try their hand at roping real steer!
- Historically accurate store fronts include a dance hall, clothing store and western-themed souvenirs
- All patrons can dress up in historic clothing and have their photos taken in the photo emporium
- Great food and drink in the Long Branch Saloon, Wright and Beverly’sRestaurant and around town
- Old west and western-themed crafts such as pottery, brooms, walking sticks, baskets, wood carvings, leather products, hand knitted items, cowboy hats and other paraphernalia available for purchase
Details: Open September 8 through October 7 (Saturday & Sunday)
- 10 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- General Admission : $12
- Children Ages 6-12: $6
- Children Under 5 : Free
- Parking: Free
Location: 1449 Greenbush Cobb Rd, Williamsburg, Ohio 45176 (Just off St. Rt. 32).
Special Savings: Click here to purchase discounted tickets online and get adult admission for only $10 and child admission for $6.
We’re also giving away a Family Four Pack to one lucky winner. You must be 18 years of age to enter, please.
Here’s how to enter:
- Mandatory – Leave a comment and let us know how much you’d like to go this fun festival
- Bonus 1 extra entry – Leave a comment on Family Friendly Cincinnati’s Facebook Page that you’d like to visit the Old West Festival.
- Bonus 1 extra entry – Leave a comment on the Old West Festival’s Facebook Fan page and tag FamilyFriendlyCincinnati in your comment (simply type @FamilyFriendlyCincinnati).
Just found out about this last year and did not get a chance to go. This is something the whole family would love to do.
Thanks for the chance to win.
Melissa S says
I took my kids here last year and they absolutely loved it had their photo taken at the photo emporium and ate kettle corn would love to take them again this year too
Billie Fetz says
WOW – this soundS like SO MUCH FUN!!!! We would LOVE to go and take our GRAND-DAUGHTERS.
Would love to go
Amy K says
My kids would love this festival – we’ve never been!
amy barber says
My daughter is into being a cowgirl, would love to take them to the festival.
Heather Walker says
I heard about this last year but we didn’t go. We would love to win the tickets! Thank you for the opportunity! My son is 5 and I think he would really enjoy it!
Sylvia Cain says
This sounds like a really fun festival! As a native Texas, I can’t help but love the sights and sounds of the Old West. I can’t make it because I’ll be working at another festival, but my husband plans to come. I’m envious!
Kim C. says
Wow! I grew up in the 60’s & 70’s when western tv shows were a regular part of television programming. I watched gunsmoke, the rifleman, f troop, bonanza, etc., with my father. A co-worker knew my appreciation for ‘the old west’ told me about this festival. As a John Wayne fan, a collector of western movies, a historian, a lover of rodeo’s and a fondness for cowboys, I would be so excited to win the tickets to the festival. I am being layed off so winning the tickets would help. Ive never heard of this event before but I promise it will become a family tradition to attend regularly! I can’t wait!
Cant wait to go again this year, our daughter has got cowboy boots and everything for it.
Holli Hinerman says
My 2 kids would simply love to have the opportunity to attend the Old West Festival! Thanks for the contest!
tina w says
Would love the opportunity to take my family to the Old West Festival.
I would love to take my family to this festival. Please send them my way!!!
Terri Spears says
Sounds like fun!
This is something my family would just love to go to!
We love the Old West Fest! Last year was our first time and coincidentally, we had just seen the old Yul Brenner/James Brolin movie Westworld, so that’s how we lovingly referred to it, but we had a blast. We are definitely gonna get back there this year, regardless of whether we win the tickets or not!
My 3 year old son is obsessed with cowboys and everything Western. (His name is Maverick!) go figure! He would love Love LOVE to go to this. Our family is fresh out of the Army and back home looking for new things to do! This would be a perfect start!
Michelle M says
I commented on the FFC facebook page that we’d like to go to the Old West Festival!
Michelle M says
Sounds like a fun festival! We’d love to go learn about how it was living Out West and Cowboys and everything!
The kids and I are crazy about horse shows and anything old timey. We will go to this whether we win the tickets or not!
We would love to go to the Old West Festival. It looks like so much fun!
jamie S says
I tagged Family Friendly Cincinnati in a comment on The Old West Festival page!
jamie S says
I left a comment on family friendly Cincinnati facebook.
jamie S says
I would love to win!! I am so excited to go this year, I have never been! I could watch old westerns all day long
I would really, really love to get these tickets. I think the steampunk weekend sounds like a blast. I already have ideas for a steampunk costume for my 18 month old. (: Thanks!
Monica Brown says
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get these tickets! I have never been and just told my husband last night that we need to go this year. We are a family of 6 so 4 tickets would really help. Thanks!