In the coming months we would like to take you behind the scenes at Family Friendly Cincinnati and introduce you to the fabulous ladies who write for this blog. Over the years we have all shared with you some of our favorite things to do and see around town. Now we want to take a moment with a little Q&A to let you get to know us each a little more!
The faces behind Family Friendly Cincinnati: Kristin G.
- Family Friendly Contributor: Kristin Goecke
- My Family: Chris, K (age 8), S (age 6)
- Started writing for Family Friendly Cincinnati: In August of 2009.
- Where you can find me on the web: MasonMetu, Facebook , Twitter: @kgoecke
- Our family’s favorite restaurant: Pizza Tower, Toots, Bob Evans, Campioni’s Pizza – we also love Kids’ Eat Free places .
- Our family’s favorite local hangout: Lifetime Fitness, Kings Island, playgrounds & parks
- This business/organization is important to our family: Mason Deerfield Arts Alliance. I feel the arts are very important and love that my kids have so many opportunities to experience art in this area. The Mason Arts Festival is one event we never miss but there are so many other places for culture – the arts and many offer free things for families
- How I spend my “Mama” time (when I can find the time): Lunch or dinner with my peeps (aka girlfriends), reading a good book, and I really really love pedicures but don’t get to do them too much, visiting with my parents in downtown Cincinnati.
- Favorite place to shop with (or for) the kids: Kohls, Target (seems like I have a $50 cover charge every time I go in that place), Macy’s.
- When I’m not blogging you’ll find me: Boring….cleaning the house, doing laundry, trying to figure our something to cook that my entire family will eat. I also love to find new things to do with my girls and love visiting many of the family friendly things to do in not only Mason, Ohio but in Greater Cincinnati. I am amazed at how much there is to do in Cincinnati and we can always find something that we’ve never done.We also spend a lot of time at the soccer fields. I volunteer in my girls’ classrooms too.
- A local non-profit that is close to my heart: The Dragonfly Foundation
- My favorite blogs to read: mommybits.net, familyfriendlycincinnati.com, 365Cincinnati, Mommy Confessions, Domestic Debacle , Savings Lifestyle, Mommy Hates Cooking. I also have a featured blogger section on MasonMetu where we highlight some great local bloggers. It’s fun learning about how they got started.
- Other Stuff about Me:
- In my past life: Worked as an Audiologist for 6 years (didn’t love) then an Executive Assistant for 4 years (loved).
- I used to be a mad basket weaver – took classes and was on a basket weaving kick for 4 years or so then it went by the wayside. Now, I have no idea if I could weave a basket again. But, my great great grandmother was a basket weaver in Italy so maybe it’s in the genes.
- I’m a HUGE Twilight fan and I also love True Blood and any of the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlene Harris. Also loved the Hunger Games.
- I’m a big fan of books on tape for my kids….. they use their imaginations more and we actually can have peaceful drives.
- I dated my husband for 5 years before we got married and we’ve been married for 16 years – Chris still can crack me up.
- We have a chocolate lab, Bailey, who has her own sets of quirks – still jumps on shadows and if she gets in a car she rocks it and people look at us like we are crazy.
- I was editor-in-chief of my high school newspaper – Go Middies.
- I hate raisins but love dried cranberries…go figure???
- My favorite place to vacation is Owasco Lake (one of the Finger Lakes in NY) – I went there as a kid and love having my girls experience what I did as a child.
Laura P says
Sounds like you are a very well-rounded knowledgable writer. Keep up all the hard work. I love MasonMeTu.com
Thank you Laura!