The sun has made an appearance today, and is reminding me that it is still indeed Spring. And one of my favorite events in Cincinnati in the Spring is the Butterfly Show at the Krohn Conservatory. Walking into the greenhouse filled with thousands of butterflies will surely bring color & happiness to your gloomy, rainy days. This year the Krohn Conservatory brings you the Butterflies of Brazil. Bring the whole family for a magical experience like no other. Upon entering the greenhouse you will be greeted by butterflies and squeals of delight from all of the children. The butterflies look fabulous with their brightly colored wings alighting on your head, or on the petal of a flower near you. There are so many varieties, butterflies of all shapes and sizes. It’s so wonderful! Words really cannot do this show justice, you have to see it for yourself.
The show is open at Krohn Conservatory in Eden Park, Cincinnati until June 26, 2011. Open every day from 10am until 5pm. Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for children (under 17), and children aged 4 and under are FREE. Or you can purchase a family pack for $20 (2 adults, up to 6 kids).
Here’s a few fun facts and tidbits to help plan your trip to the Butterfly Show:
- You can print out a coupon on the Butterfly Show webpage
- Photographers, take note, there are special times you can go to the show to get your best shots!
- Day camps & schools can get reduced rates.
- FREE admissions for Mothers on Sunday, May 8th (Mother’s Day)
- Happy Hours ($10) on May 6, May 13, May 20 and June 3. See website for more details.
- Breakfast with the Butterflies on June 4th. See website for more details.
- Snap lots of pictures while you are there and enter their photo contest (entries must be received by May 31st – see the website for rules & restrictions)
- Krohn Conservatory is located in Eden Park, which has plenty of perfect picnic spots.
So pack up the kids, a picnic and your camera and head to the Krohn Conservatory for the Butterflies of Brazil!
[…] you’re like me, you’ve been planning to visit the Butterflies at Krohn, but it keeps getting pushed back because you have “plenty of time”. Well guess what? […]
[…] Butterfly Show is still spreading beauty at the Krohn everyday this […]