The dog days of Summer are upon us for sure. One of the best things to do when it’s hot outside is to cool off in a pool. Don’t have your own pool? Here’s a list of places around town where you can take the kids for a splashing good time:
- Cincinnati Recreation Commission – the City of Cincinnati has quite a few pools around town. Most require a nominal annual membership fee. The nice thing is, once you pay the fee, you can then visit any pool on the list (except Dunham – see site for complete details). There’s also a few free “spraygrounds”. We’ve been to a few of the pools and spraygrounds in the past and they’ve been nice facilities (some in neat spots around the city).
- Florence, KY Family Aquatic Center – This premier facility contains a lazy river, competition pool, zero depth area, two spray grounds, a spiral and a speed slides, sunbathing areas, shelters, funbrellas, bathhouse (including family restrooms) and concessions area. A paved path surrounds the outside of the facility. It is located at the south end of the Florence Government Center complex. There is additional parking at the north end of the Government Center. Membership is available for Florence residents and non-residents. Daily admission for non-residents of Florence is $9 for adults or $6 for children 3 and up.
- Coney Island – Sunlite Pool – This is one BIG pool with lots of slides , diving boards and over an acre of shallow water for the little kids. Buy your tickets on-line and save some money! When purchased on-line, daily admission(to the pool only) is $9.95 for 5 and up or $3.50 for 2-4 year olds.
- Hamilton County Parks Wet Playlands – There are three wet paylands around town – Parky’s Pirate Cove in Miami Whitewater Forest Harbor, Parky’s Ark at Winton Woods Harbor, and Wetland Adventure at Woodland Mound. Admission is $2 per child between the ages of 2-12. Sharon Woods also has a very small water feature as part of their main playground area and it’s FREE.
- The Beach Waterpark in Mason, OH – lots of different slides, pools (including a big wave pool). Prices are cheaper if you buy your ticket on-line and there is normally a deal to be had if you dig around.
- Kings Island’s Boomerang Bay is also in Mason, OH. The water park is included with your price of admission to Kings Island. This has tons of water slides, pools, kids areas and even a surfable wave.
Have a great time this Summer getting your splash on!
You can see more of me over on my personal blog at http://princesspoodlepuss.blogspot.com/.