Did you know the Boy Scouts have been around for 100 years? It’s true, and this weekend they’ll be at Taste of Cincinnati celebrating in a way only the Boy Scouts can, with a fun, interactive exhibit called Adventure Base 100.
So what is Adventure Base 100? It’s a fun interactive 10,000-square-foot campus featuring Scout-related experiences that give participants a hands-on view of the Boy Scouts of America’s 100 year history and the difference Scouting has made in the lives of millions of youth.
From the Boy Scouts Exec. Director:
“Our goal is to engage those interested in the Boy Scouts of America in a new and exciting way,” said Tom Dugger, Scout Executive and CEO of the Dan Beard Council. “We are thrilled to bring this experience to Cincinnati to celebrate our rich 100 year heritage, spark fond memories in former Scouts and alumni, and intrigue those who may be interested in learning more about our organization.”
Adventure Base 100 at the Taste of Cincinnati and will include:
- A high adventure ropes course for all visitors more than 4 feet tall weighing less than 200 pounds.
- A multi-sensory experience that will offer visitors the sights, smells and sounds of Scouting via the campus IMAX-like video “GoScouting! Dome.”
- A stage show featuring pinewood derby races, Dutch oven cooking demos and a “battle of technology” between Morse code experts and texting enthusiasts.
- Interactive knot tying challenges with Eagle Scouts
- An overview about what it takes to become an Eagle Scout, the highest level of Scouting.
- A chance to speak with members of Local Councils to learn more about Scouting.
- A traveling Scouting museum featuring an overview of the Boy Scouts of America’s amazing history, including a display of rare artifacts collected by the organization over the last 100 years.
If you’re down at Taste of Cincinnati this weekend be sure to stop by. The exhibit is open from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The Adventure Base 100 exhibit will be located near 5th & Sycamore. To avoid waiting in line, make sure you pre-register on the Adventure Base 100 website!