Summer Adventure begins in June and one of the most important elements of the event is the summer meal service. Select Library locations will serve meals and snacks to children 18 and younger at no cost starting June 4. This program is sponsored by the USDA and Ohio Department of Education. Meals are provided in partnership with UMC Food Ministry and Mt. Healthy City Schools.
Lunches are available Monday through Friday beginning Monday, June 4 and ending Friday, Aug. 3. There will be no food service Wednesday, July 4, due to the Fourth of July holiday. Food is served while supplies last. Summer Lunches will be served at the following locations:
- Main Library: Meal 12 p.m., Snack 4 p.m.
- Avondale Branch Library: Meal 1 p.m.
- Bond Hill Branch Library: Meal 1:30 p.m., Snack 4:30 p.m.
- College Hill Branch Library: Meal 12:30 p.m.
- Covedale Branch Library: Meal 12:30 p.m., Snack 3:30 p.m.
- Deer Park Branch Library: Meal 12:30 p.m., Snack 3 p.m.
- Elmwood Place Branch Library: Meal 1 p.m.
- Groesbeck Branch Library: Meal 12:30 p.m.
- Madisonville Branch Library: Meal 12:30 p.m., Snack 4:15 p.m.
- Mt. Healthy Branch Library: Meal 1 p.m. (Monday – Thursday, June 3-July 19 only)
- North Central Branch Library: Meal 12:30 p.m.
- Pleasant Ridge Branch Library: Meal 3 p.m.
- Price Hill Branch Library: Snack 1:30 p.m., Meal 4:30 p.m.
- Reading Branch Library: Snack 1:30 p.m., Meal 4:30 p.m.
- St. Bernard Branch Library: Meal 1 p.m., Snack 4 p.m.
- West End Branch Library: Meal 1 p.m.
For more information about free summer meals at the Library or for more information about Summer Adventure, visit CincinnatiLibrary.org/SummerAdventure or call 513-369-6900.
Sponsors Include: The Library Foundation of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, the Friends of the Public Library, the Anderson Township Library Association, Western & Southern Financial Fund, The Cincinnati Reds, Coney Island, the Cincinnati Zoo, the Taft Museum of Art, Gold Star Chili, and the family of Pauline Smolin, along with media partners Cincinnati Family Magazine and Metro.