After closing unexpectedly a few years back, The Beach Waterpark is back and better than ever! The Beach had it’s Grand (re)Opening on May 18th and they are ready for swimmers from across the tri-state to come have a day of fun at the park…or heck, even a whole summer’s worth of fun! Get those season passes now! A few writers from Family Friendly Cincinnati were treated to a VIP Press Tour last week, so we got a firsthand glimpse of all the changes that have been going on at the park. It’s more than just a coat of paint, there have been changes big and small to make the park better for the public. There was such a sense of excitement at the event last week. Even though all of the rides were not running water yet, the ones that were looked like lots of fun! And the staff all seems super friendly and excited about this summer’s re-opening. I can’t wait to take the family back to The Beach Waterpark, we can pretend we’re really at the beach for the day! Which won’t be hard with the real sand, real palm trees and people having fun in the water everywhere!
- A BRAND NEW Kids Play water area…the water was just about to be turned on in this area when we were there and OH MY…it looks like a blast for the wee ones!
- CABANAS to rent for the day, so you can enjoy the Beach from your own private space!
- All Season Passes from the 2012 season will be honored, bring your old passes, vouchers or receipts to the park to exchange.
- Beach Attractions :: Paradise Cove, Big Surf Wavepool, The Banzai Blast, The Cliff, Kokomo Lazy River, Maui Wowie, Hang Ten, Cowabunga Curl, Pipeline Plung, Kamikaze, High Tide Hoops, Lil Kahuna Waterworks and Big Creek Beach.
- More lockers have been brought in to store your stuff, and the restrooms have been cleaned and spruced up.
- The Big Surf Wavepool is not as deep as it once was, it’s now 4.5 feet, filled with HEATED water. It’s surrounded by cabanas, chairs and umbrellas. Throughout the summer there will be movie nights at the Wavepool. See the Beach website for more details.
- The original actor Andra’ Ward who played the Jamaican “Beach guy” in the commercials is reprising his role for the new advertisements.
- On Sundays from 2-5pm there will be live Reggae music, and the band is great!
- You can host birthday parties, office gatherings and more at The Beach…wouldn’t your group enjoy a day of play at The Beach!?!?
It’s nice to live so close to The Beach Waterpark when we live so far from an actual ocean! Check them out this summer!
The Beach Waterpark is located at: 2590 Waterpark Drive Mason, Ohio
Disclaimer: In addition to attending the media night at the Beach Waterpark, attendants were also give one free ticket to the Beach Waterpark.