Looking for a great summer camp, here’s one from The Carnegie in Covington you might want to check out. Shannan (who writes here) works for them and her kids have enjoyed these camps in the past.
PS. We’ll have a GIANT post about Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky Summer Camp offerings for your soon!
The Carnegie’s Eva G. Farris Education Center will help children bring stories to life through theatre this summer with its Camp Carnegie: Opposite Land theatre workshops.
Open to ages 7 to 15, Camp Carnegie: Opposite Land theatre workshops will have children creating a world where everything is the opposite of what they know today. Perhaps everyday is Christmas, or maybe they live in a world where they get in trouble for not finishing their candy. Who knows where the story lines will go.
Over the course of the six-day workshop, children will have fun exploring the world of theatre through hands-on art making, character design, dramatic exercises, script writing, problem solving and more. All Camp Carnegie: Opposite Land theatre workshops will even include a live performance on stage in the Otto M. Budig Theatre for friends and family.
A total of eight, six-day Camp Carnegie: Opposite Land workshops will be offered throughout June and July:
1. Session 1: June 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12 | Times: 1:00 to 5:00pm
2. Session 2: June 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14 | Times: 8:30 to 12:30pm
3. Session 3: June 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26 | Times: 1:00 to 5:00pm
4. Session 4: June 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28 | Times: 8:30 to 12:30pm
5. Session 5: July 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17 | Times: 1:00 to 5:00pm
6. Session 6: July 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19 | Times: 8:30 to 12:30pm
7. Session 7: July 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, 31 | Times: 1:00 to 5:00pm
8. Session 8: July 24, 25, 26, 31 & Aug. 1, 2 | Times: 8:30 to 12:30pm
Advanced registration is required and must be accompanied by a non-refundable $10 pre-registration fee for each participant. Due to limited class sizes and workshop demand, students may register for only one workshop. A completed Camp Carnegie permission form is required and can be found on The Carnegie’s website at www.thecarnegie.com.
For more information and to register, please contact Angelina Caliguri-Schrand at (859) 957-1939 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Carnegie is located at 1028 Scott Boulevard in Covington, KY. All classes will take place in the Eva G. Farris Education Center.