I love seeing live theater and I especially love smaller theater groups where you get an up close and personal look at the sets, costumes and actors. Combining the intimate theater setting of Know Theatre with the Madcap puppeteers is bound to be a performance to remember. The Dragon makes it’s debut on April 2 but will be at Know Theatre through May 7.
- “Lancelot arrives in a small town oppressively ruled for hundreds of years by a monstrous Dragon. His mission is to free the town from Dragon’s tyranny, but he struggles to convince the townspeople of the importance of their own freedom. They believe “the only way to be free of other Dragons is to have one of your own.” Slaying the dragon turns out to be only the first step toward freeing the town. Produced in collaboration with Madcap Puppets, The Dragon is a political fairytale that examines the ideas of manipulation and the fragility of the human spirit by combining marionettes and actors in this unique production.” (The Know Theatre)
Due to some minor language, the show is recommended for kids 13 years and up. Seeing The Dragon would be a great way to bond with your teen. Stop by and eat at one of the great restaurants in The Gateway District in Over the Rhine before or after the show to make it a memorable outing – Senate & Lavomatic are both very close and very yummy.
You can purchase tickets in advance at the Know Theatre box office for $12 or online. If you purchase tickets the week of the performance, they are $15. Call (513) 300-5669. Parking is also very easy, the Gateway Garage is directly across the street from the theater or you can park in the public parking lot nearby.
Know Theatre has given Family Friendly Cincinnati a family pack of tickets vouchers for the show. Our winner can attend any of the performances except for their final weekend performance so the vouchers are good through May 1. To enter our giveaway please do one of the following and leave a comment so we have a way to contact you. Winners will have 48 hours to respond before we select a new winner. You may enter more than once if you leave additional comments (up to three entries/person please). Enter by Sunday, April 10 at 9pm.
- Join the Family Friendly newsletter (top right of the page), and leave a comment that you joined. If you’re already a subscriber, just leave a comment that you subscribe.
- Visit the Know Theatre website and list one of the cast members of The Dragon.
- Visit the Madcap Puppet website and list one of their touring shows.
- Tweet that @famfriendlycin is having a giveaway to The Dragon.
Know Theatre Of Cincinnati
1120 Jackson Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Disclosure: I have not received any tickets to The Dragon but I do love Know Theatre.