The Remarkable Families Symposium is coming to Xavier University April 8. The conference is a wonderful resource of information for parents with special needs children. Xavier University along with Cincinnati Children’s Center for Infants and Children is sponsoring the day. The event takes place at Xavier University’s Schill Banquet & Conference Center (a.k.a The Cintas Center). The symposium will have over 50 vendors and service agencies on site to answer questions you may have. There will be various speakers, a keynote address by Dr. Michale Sorter, breakout sessions, and more.
Here is the schedule of events from RFS’s website:
- 8:30 a.m. – Doors open, Vendors Fair open & Breakfast served
- 8:45 a.m. – Opening, Introductions, Announcements & Directions for the day
- 9:00 a.m. – Dismiss to Breakout Session #1
- 9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Breakout Session #1 – Schiff Family Conference Center
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – Break & Vendors Fair treasure hunt
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Breakout Session #2 – Schiff Family Conference Center
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Break & Vendors Fair treasure hunt
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Announcements, Diangelo Award, Acknowledgements, Door Prizes & Keynote Address – Dr. Michael Sorter, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- 1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Break & Vendors Fair treasure hunt
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Breakout Session #3 – Schiff Family Conference Center
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Snacks in the Duff Banquet Hall, Final door prizes, Networking & Closing
- 4:30 p.m. – Vendors Fair closing
Registration is $25/person and if you register with a friend, the second registration fee is only $15. A light breakfast and lunch are included with your registration. Call Dr. Thomas Knestrict from Xaiver University School of Education if you have any questions (513) 745-3703 or email email@example.com.
Thanks to Dr. Knestrict, Family Friendly Cincinnati is able to offer one of our readers two free registrations for the Remarkable Families Symposium. We will select our winner on Friday, April 1 and the winner will have 48 hours to accept. Contest is open to readers in Greater Cincinnati. To enter, please do one of the following and leave a comment below so we have a way to contact you.
- Join the Family Friendly Cincinnati newsletter (register in top right corner of site) and leave a comment that you joined our newsletter. If you are already a subscriber, leave a comment too.
- Check out FFC’s Facebook page and leave a comment that you did this.
- Visit The Remarkable Families Symposium site and list one of the speakers that will be attending and what they will be discussing.
- Visit Cincinnati Children’s Center for Children and Infants with Special Needs site and check out their special needs resource – leave a comment on something you found interesting.