For those of you who know me, you know that I love living in Mason, Ohio. Our community is so fortunate to have so many great activities and events for kids but one thing we have been missing is having circus time fun easily accessible. Well, do not fret, if you have any budding acrobats, jugglers, mimes or tight-wire walkers just waiting to for their time to shine, they’ll get their chance. Circus Mojo is coming to the Mason Community Center and is offering an after school program that will have your kids wanting to return for an encore performance.
Circus classes will be Nov. 2-30 on Tuesday afternoons from 4-6pm. You’ll need to register for the class by Oct. 26 in order to reserve a spot (see Fun for Mason for registration details). Circus students will learn “juggling, hat tricks, partner acrobatics, plate spinning, theatrical clowning, and ball, stilt and tight-wire walking”. The instructor will be Pauly the Clown (a.k.a Paul Miller, founder of Circus Mojo).
Now, I know some of you parents want to join in on the fun and you’ll get your chance if you head to Raymond Walters College on Oct. 23. Circus Mojo will be performing at 11am and 1pm in the ARTrageous Saturday series. Tickets are only $5/person and there is free parking on site. See Karen E’s great post earlier this month highlighting all the upcoming performances.
Drum roll please……..Circus Mojo is offering a double whammy give away.
- For the first give away, one lucky 6-11 year old has a chance to join in on the fun. You’ll get to enjoy all the circus classes just by having your Mom or Dad enter you in our give away.
- For the second give away, ARTrageous Saturdays is providing a family four pack of tickets to the Circus Mojo show on Oct. 23 (you can choose either the 11am or 1pm time).
Give away is open to residents of Mason, Ohio and surrounding Greater Cincinnati areas. If your parents do more than one of the options below, you will have more chances to win. Our winners will be selected on Tuesday, Oct. 19 and the parents will be notified via email and will have 24 hours to accept the give away or a new winner will be selected. If you only want to be considered for only one of the give aways, then indicate which one in the comment section after you do one of the options below. Otherwise, we’ll just assume that you’ll want to be entered in both awesome give aways.
- Read the ARTrageous article by Karen E from FFC and tell us which upcoming ARTraegous show you’d like to see.
- Visit Circus Mojo’s website and leave a comment here about something that interested you.
- Join our newsletter and leave a comment that you did (you can join on the home page). If you’ve already joined, leave a comment that you are already a member.
- Follow us on twitter and send a tweet that @FamFriendlyCin is having a give away for Circus Mojo.
- Check out the latest issue of Fun for Mason and tell us about a program that sounds interesting or fun to do.
Learn more about me on my personal website, MasonMetu, from me to you.
Congratulations to Melissa for winning the 4 pack of tickets to the ARTrageous Saturday program and to Kristen for winning the session of circus classes. Winners will be notified via email. Thanks for entering.